Re: Interview with David Wetherell of CMGI

From: Bill Humphries (bill@whump.com)
Date: Mon Jan 22 2001 - 13:21:48 PST

Open Text's site is sparse on the history of their spider, but it's part of
their current Livelink product.
The Open Text search engine was running in fall of 1995, and I do have saved
correspondence from
the manager of the product because I had interviewed with them to be a
statistician.

I'll have to do more digging on the Univ. of Az stuff. However, it has it's
roots in a unix utility called
agrep (approximate grep) which I was using in 1991 to munge Federal Civil
courts case data.