Re: Economic predictions anyone?

From: cdale@silly.techmonkeys.net
Date: Wed Jan 24 2001 - 11:33:16 PST

Nothing wrong with that logic, but I can come up with something that is
not as logical. Being enamored with conspiracy theories I read about or
create, and having read -Atlas Shrugged- not too long ago, here's what I
think is going on. There ain't no damned shortage. These rolling
blackouts are designed to make people APPRECIATE having any power at ALL.
In other words, the ever-ephemeral THEY want to jack up the prices, and
since prices for electricity are already sky-high, the best way to jack
them up even more is to take electricity AWAY from people to make them
appreciate it enough to pay out the ass even more for it. The biggest
hole in my theory is that THEY are not doing it to the entire country.
However, everyone who uses gas for heat is getting screwed.

Who are THEY? Not sure. But Bush knows. And there are lots of things to
come that will make the rolling outages look like the good ole days. How
do I know this? Just look at his smirk. It is the smirk of a groomed
figurehead who knows that he is going to lead the country into an
apathy-induced state of helplessness, wherein we will all be raped
financially, emotionally, and physically, through the loss of many of what
some people feel are rights that we have now. He's in a hurry, so hold on
to your hats. It's gonna sneak up on ya, and before you know it, we'll be
trapped like animals. The big tax cut thing is a smokescreen for what's
REALLY going on.
-wink-

--
"Think wrongly, if you please, but in all cases, think for yourself." --Doris Lessing,
British writer