Re: "older than dirt"

From: Tom Whore (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Date: Mon Jan 29 2001 - 08:03:07 PST

On Sun, 28 Jan 2001, Stephen D. Williams wrote:

--]31. Using a slide rule and remembering how.

Have one, could do simle math, then Kragen came and showed me what those
"other" rows were for. Will be passing this down to the kids.

--]32. 78 records.

Had a slew of em until I was about 13 or so. My fave was a recording
called "jump out of your skin and dance in your bones"

--]33. Mechanical apple peelers.

Still have one thanks to wife.

--]37. Remember when cable TV was first installed, using the giant solid aluminum
--]around foam around solid copper primitive cable.

Oh yeah.

--]> > > > > > 01. Candy cigarettes
--]> > > > > > 02. Wax coke-shaped bottles with colored sugar water
--]> > > > > > inside.

Yep, got the gaps in my teeth to prove it too.

--]> > > > > > 03. Soda pop machines that dispensed bottles.

In the south this was still going on in the 70's

--]> > > > > > 04. Coffee shops with tableside juke boxes

SOme of the better diners in NYC still have them.

--]> > > > > > 12. Peashooters.

And the scars to prove it.:)-

--]> > > > > > 13. Howdy Doody

Only from retellings from dada, but I do now have a full episode of the
shows on Divx.ITs the Howdy For PRes episode, truly amazing.

--]> > > > > > 14. 45 RPM Records

Heck yea, my origianl funk and blue collection were all 45s

--]> > > > > > 15. S&H Green Stamps

Yep, as well as A&P's version

--]> > > > > > 16. Hi-fi's

My dad was a HI FI nut, if you havent go dig up the Lenny Bruce bit with
the same name. HE acutaly made and still makes his own stuff. My brother
was middle named after a piece he was working on..Scott

--]> > > > > > 17. Metal ice cube trays, with levers
Had one as a kid, always hated it.

--]> > > > > > 18. Mimeograph paper
Early years of sniffing pleasure.

"i love the smell of mimeos in the mornign, smells like....victory"

--]> > > > > > 19. Blue flash Bulbs

The little tiny ones or the big ones. And dig the beveled holders and the
cool "eaasy pop out so you dont burn your fingers" button.

--]> > > > > > 20. Beanie and Cecil

Coocla, Fran and Ollie anyone? I had an Ollie hand pupet.

--]> > > > > > 21. roller skate keys
On a string around my neck all summer.

--]> > > > > > 23. Drive ins

Stuffing 8 kids in the back seat of a ford to go see a film...ugh

      /"\ [---=== WSMF ----http://wsmf.doesntexist.com===---]
      \ /
       X ASCII Ribbon Campaign
      / \ Against HTML Mail