FW: RFC1982 on Serial Number Arithmetic

Dan Kohn (dan@teledesic.com)
Tue, 3 Sep 1996 11:28:44 -0700

------ =_NextPart_000_01BB998B.114ACFC0

More RFC humor (I work with business types all day long, so you guys are
the only ones I can share this with):

However, older, superseded, implementations are
known to have treated the serial number as a simple unsigned integer,
with no attempt to implement any kind of "sequence space arithmetic",
however that may have been interpreted, and further, ignoring the
requirement that the value wraps. Nothing can be done with these
implementations, beyond extermination.