(fwd) Job Openings at CNRI for Computer Scientists (fwd)

Gordon Irlam (gordoni@base.com)
Thu, 26 Sep 1996 01:41:35 -0700 (PDT)

Likely cool jobs for anyone that might be interested...

A pity CNRI's goal seem to be to lock bits up instead of setting
them free.

gordoni

From: guido@CNRI.Reston.VA.US, news!"uido van Rossum"@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: comp.os.research
Subject: Job Openings at CNRI for Computer Scientists
Date: 25 Sep 1996 17:02:35 GMT

Computer Scientist

Research and Development in Mobile Agents and Distributed Digital Objects

We have openings for several researchers to in our Systems Engineering
Group. Our group is developing infrastruture to support mobile
programs (agents). We have developed a prototype system using the
Python object-oriented scripting language and the ILU object interface
system.

Our research activities in this area include:

* Security and authentication for mobile programs
* Support for multiple languages (Python, Java, Tcl)
* Intellectual property rights management
* Distributed indexing and cataloging of Internet resources

A recent summary of our DARPA-support effort is avaliable at
<URL:http://www.cnri.reston.va.us/home/dobi.html>.

We are seeking experienced computer scientists (Master's degree or
Ph.D. in computer science or related field, with 3-6 years experience)
to work in these areas. We are looking, in particular, for
individuals with experience in the design and implementation of secure
systems and cryptographic protocols. Experience with distributed
objects, extensible scripting languages, or Internet protocols is
preferred. A positive, friendly, eager-to-learn attitude is very
important.

The Corporation for National Research Initiatives (CNRI) is a
non-profit organization dedicated to formulating, planning, and
carrying out national-level research initiatives on the use of
network-based information technology. CNRI is concentrating on
research and development for the National Information Infrastructure,
working collaboratively with industry, academia, and government.

CNRI is located in Reston, Virginia, near Washington, DC.

To apply, please send resume (electronic copy prefered) to:

Ted Strollo
1895 Preston White Dr., Suite 100
Reston, VA 20191

email: tstrollo@cnri.reston.va.us