Re: Seen on comp.dsp

CobraBoy (tbyars@earthlink.net)
Mon, 02 Dec 1996 13:36:32 -0800

At 06:47 PM 12/2/96 +0100, Robert Harley wrote:
>>Subject: 2 nice girls looking for a DSP
>
>Stephanie Dithurbide <s_dithur@micronet.fr> wrote:
>
>>Hello everybody,
>>my friend and me are looking for a DSP to realize our project.
>>
>>We are searching a DSP whose characteristics are the following:
>>We want to realize a sound generator for an audiometer.
>>About the input:
>> .it has to receive informations from the PC parallel port.
>>About the output:
>> .it needs 2*16 bits on a parallel port with a frequency of 44 kHz.
>> .it also needs 8 output bits (parallel or series) to control a
>> logarithmic amplificator with a programable gain.
>> .it needs 3 outputs for independant trigger.

umm... again I hate to say it, but NeXT cube circa 1987.

P.S. over the weekend I found my original in pristine condition NeXT
broshure the squae one that is the same size as the Cube.

Cool...

Tim

--

** History 101** Hiroshima 45 - Chernobyl 86 - Windows 95 ============================================= "The only problem with Microsoft is they just have no taste, they have absolutely no taste, and what that means is, I don't mean that in a small way I mean that in a big way. I have a problem with the fact that they just make really third rate products."

Steve Jobs, Triumph of the Nerds, PBS Documentary