RE: [Fwd: Gates ReDefines the meaning of DNS...]

Joe Barrera (joebar@MICROSOFT.com)
Sun, 8 Feb 1998 09:32:24 -0800

Einar Stefferud wrote:

> It seems to me that someone at MS might want to say a few words to
> Bill Gates about how this shows at least one of two things:
>
> 1. That Bill is is not well informed about the Internet,
especially
> after the last two years of hell that we have gone
through; or

> 2. He appears to not give a damn about prior use of Acronyms of
great
> significance in his main target market;-)...

I'd pick Stef's choice 2. Then again, CS types are NOT Microsoft's "main
target market". Homes and Corporations are. Bill is selling his vision to
CEOs and CIOs, not to the poor schmucks like us who actually care about
details (and yes, they are details, sorry if this hurts your feelings) about
name-to-internet-address resolution.

BTW... Bill was in fact using DNA as well. Why shouldn't this be a worse
crime? DNA is a much older and more widely used acronym. Of course, maybe
Bill doesn't know what DNA is either... (right)

- Joe