Re: Geez, what a surprise!

Jay Thomas (jpthomas@ix.netcom.com)
Wed, 11 Feb 1998 11:19:22 -0500

Joseph M. Reagle Jr. wrote:
> The thing I can't figure, and it is similar to Clinton, is yes, people smoke
> pot and have extra-marital blow-jobs, but try to be discrete at least! I
> mean, if you know you are being tested, I'm sure he could lay off it for a
> month or so before the contest.

Apparently, he did. I thought it was out of your system in 30 days,
and I didn't think second hand smoke would be strong enough to show up
in a test, but, this, from Reuters:

Canada immediately announced it will appeal the International Olympic
Committee's decision to disqualify the 26-year-old, saying he had not
smoked a joint in 10 months -- but had only inhaled second-hand smoke
back home in Canada. Rebagliati had a terse "no comment" today for
dozens of journalists when he arrived at a central Nagano hotel to
appeal the decision to the IOC-established Court of Arbitration. In a
statement issued after he first learned he'd been stripped of the
medal, he said "I've worked so hard I
don't want to let this thing slip through my hands."

--
Jay Thomas		(w)617-576-4832		ICQ:5270335
Network Manager		(b)617-546-2444		AIM:jpthomas68