Re: [ANTI-BITS] (more of a flame really) Dylan/Grammy Award

Dr. Ernest N. Prabhakar (ernest@drernie.scruz.net)
Thu, 26 Feb 98 07:43:40 -0800

You wrote:
> At the risk of alienating the Dylan fans on the list (I know there are a
> few), I've just *got* to ask... What do people see in [Bob] Dylan?

> his song sounded like hell -- the music sucked,
> and Bob is completely unintelligible. I've heard countless people say
> "listen to the words -- he's a master lyricist" -- how can you tell,
> given the way he sings?

On an interesting sidenote, I've occasionally had my music compared to
Dylan. Whether that's a compliment or an insult depends on whether they
were referring to my songwriting or my singing. I didn't want to ask...

-- Ernie "Have Guitar, Will Travel" Prabhakar

http://www.alumni.caltech.edu/~ernest/Writings.htmld