RE: BillG at Davos on Influencing Professors

Tim Byars (tbyars@earthlink.net)
Mon, 08 Feb 1999 10:42:09 -0800

At 10:17 AM 2/8/99, Mark Kuharich wrote:
>Buying your friends. "If you're a professor and you mention Microsoft
>programming tools in a scholarly presentation - in fact, even if you just
>use the tools -- Microsoft will send you a check for $200
>
>Copy the entire following URL into your Netscape browser address field.
>Beware of URL wrapping
>http://chronicle.com/data/articles.dir/art-44.dir/issue-33.dir/33a03001.htm

Is that 2 bills per mention? Or 2 bills per session, or 2 bills per semester?

It reminds me of when some cross town DJ was offering $100 to anyone that
got Howard Stern to mention his nameon the air. Howard's people confirmed
that he had indeed made the offer, then someone called and he proceeded to
mentioned the DJ's name 50 or 60 times. Federal law required the radio
station to pay out.

Tim

--
I would never try to do production work on it;
That is like trying to perform brain surgery with garden tools.

<> tbyars@earthlink.net <> icq 3446996