Re: cooking celery

Gregory Alan Bolcer (gbolcer@endeavors.org)
Tue, 09 Feb 1999 08:38:45 -0800

I was going to update my Dell PII-300 laptop with the new 366mhz,
but according to their pipeline, they are coming out with 450mhz and
600mhz portables (before the desktops) 2nd and 3rd quarter this year,
so it makes it hard to justify the early termination penalty on the
lease. Actually, if anyone knows anybody at Dell that has the authority
to waive the lease, write the upgrade order, or otherwise kiss my consumer
butt, send me their email.

Intel is odd, they want to discourage overclocking as a lot of second
and third party vendors, particularly assembly/builders will overclock
a second rate chip to fetch a premium from an unsuspecting bargain
hunter. The claim its consumer protection, I think it's that they
are just frat-boy jealous that they can't screw the customer.

Greg