Re: Get ordained over the Web!

Mike Masnick (mike@techdirt.com)
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 08:18:18 -0800

At 04:12 PM 2/10/99 +0100, Robert Harley wrote:
>Of course this is one of those mickey-mouse wannabe neo-churches, the
>"Universal Life Church":

These guys have been around for ever. I remember a long time ago sending
away to be ordained, which was much cooler, because they sent you a whole
package of cool goodies. :) My impression of it, was that it was a big
scam to help you get access to the priveleges of being a minister (certain
things are tax free, special parking permits, etc) and was upset to find
out that in order to do so you needed to actually have a congregation of a
certain number of people (and then send the ULC money).

I really wanted that parking permit. :) Rohit, you've pretty much got a
strong congregation right here, and from the sound of things, you could
really use that parking permit, so maybe this is perfect for you.

-Mike