Death to spam

Jesse (jesse@fsck.com)
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 14:05:50 -0800

For what it's worth...

----- Forwarded message from Netcom Policy Management <abuse@netcom.com> -----

To: jesse@fsck.com
Subject: Re: spam
From: abuse@netcom.com (Netcom Policy Management)

>Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 11:24:31 -0600 (CST)
>From: "Our Publishing Co." <a73bdmf@ix.netcom.com>
>To: <fork@martigny.ai.mit.edu>
>Subject: $50 for 50,000 African American Email Addresses . . .

Hello,

Thank you very much for the notification of our user's actions.

We have terminated the personal dial up account of our user for breaking
our user agreement policies. If that user owned a web site that was being
advertised, that site should no longer be accessible. However, it can
some cases take up to 24 hours for the site to clear from our servers.

We will not allow this person to purchase another account at NETCOM. In
addition, this user was charged our mandatory UCE Clean-up fee of $200.00
for this incident. NETCOM has very strict anti-spam policies, and in no
way supports any type of unsolicited commercial email (UCE).

If you receive any further contact from this user through NETCOM, please
contact us immediately. For more information on our Acceptable Usage and
Guidelines, please review them at this website.

http://www.netcom.com/netcom/aug.html

Thank you.
- Marc
NETCOM Policy Management

NETCOM On-Line Communication Services, Inc. abuse@netcom.com
NETCOM Policy Management: (408) 881-3499 M-F 9AM-5PM PST
24-Hour Technical Support: (408) 881-1810 support@ix.netcom.com

----- End forwarded message -----