Re: Windows 2001 Sneak Peek

Tom Whore (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 19:16:45 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 1 Mar 1999, Robert S. Thau wrote:

> The last original thing they tried was Microsoft "Bob". It didn't
> exactly blow anyone away. People are afraid of "embrace and extend"
> because it works. As an innovator, they have less of a track record.

Bob had some damn interesting idea BEhind it. Un fortunatley the project
was handed over to the FuzzyWarm Dept, and it sunk from tech achievment to
Goffy OS Shell.

Blackbird was also interesting when it lived.

Also the sheer use of windows in a day in day out environment can not be
discounted. I know its not something the chich elete of tech wizards will
ever admit, but face it, the sheer number of thing you can do with windows
is pretty astounding for something that is supposedly "brain dead".

If your heads up your ass or in the sand im sure youll not see this, but
then again, your view is a tad suspect.

--tom "from the front lines" whore