Re: Linux gives old Macs new life

Rodent of Unusual Size (Ken.Coar@Golux.Com)
Wed, 03 Mar 1999 11:43:25 -0500

Mark Kuharich wrote:

> Schmitz is in charge of developing the Linux kernel for the Macintosh. Once
> he and the other developers contributing to the project iron out the bugs,
> those old Macs can be used to run new applications for Linux
> http://wired.com/news/news/technology/story/18222.html

Here at LinuxWorld I noticed that one of the vendors was using
a Mac 6100/60 as a demostation, but I didn't investigate whether
it was actually running Linux or not. I just thought 'Cool!'
to myself, and went on in my search for Free Stuff(tm).

Of course, since that model's a PPC, the fact that the skin was a
Mac's may be unimportant.

--
#ken	P-)}

Ken Coar <http://Web.Golux.Com/coar/> Apache Group member <http://www.apache.org/> "Apache Server for Dummies" <http://Web.Golux.Com/coar/ASFD/>