Apple still doesn't get the Net

From: Joachim Feise (jfeise@ics.uci.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 07 2000 - 07:00:11 PST

http://www.wired.com/news/print/0,1294,33475,00.html

"One new service, for example, provides Web file storage tied seamlessly into the Mac-OS 9 operating system. Called
iDisk, a visit to Apple's site instantly sets up an Internet-based iDisk on the user's desktop."

There doesn't seem to be any spec available, at least not when I access their page from my non-Mac PCs.
But this would be a perfect application for WebDAV. Why aren't they using it? MS demonstrates with the WebFolders that
this kind of integration can easily be based on standards.

-JoeF