PDA/camera/GPS

From: Jim Whitehead (ejw@ics.uci.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 11 2000 - 14:45:35 PST

While I was in Tokyo last week, I stopped by the Akihabara electronics
shopping district to see what new devices were on sale in Japan that weren't
yet available in the US. While I salivated over the flat panel TV sets, the
most interesting device I saw was this:

http://www.i-love-epson.co.jp/products/locatio/pnv700/h_pnv7002.htm
(You'll need Japanese character support to read this)

It's a combination PDA, digital camera, and GPS receiver. Presumably you
can take pictures and record the location. It cost about USD $700, as I
recall. Pictures at the bottom of the Web page show map applications which,
having just been to Japan where many streets aren't signed, and even the
Japanese have a hard time getting around, this would be very useful.

- Jim