Re: AltaVista Instant Messenger beta

From: Mark Baker (distobj@acm.org)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 17:49:37 PST

When I read that article yesterday, my first thought was "What happened to
Ding!?". CMGI acquired Activerse a while back.

A visit to http://www.activerse.com says, "Activerse has joined Tribal
Voice, the newest addition to the CMGI family of Internet innovators.".
PowWow's been around for a while now, so I'm guessing Ding got shelved(?).

There you go. In-depth investigative reporting. Free of charge. 8-/

At 07:27 AM 1/12/00 -0800, Adam Rifkin -4K wrote:
>I have a PowWow client already, but my interest
>is piqued: I'll have to download the beta of AV Messenger and give it a try.

All my friends and family are on ICQ. I'm stuck with it. Go IMPP go!

MB