Y2K Preparedness Statement and Sequel

From: Dan Kohn (dan@teledesic.com)
Date: Sun Jan 16 2000 - 22:27:21 PST

http://www.hartscientific.com/y2k.htm

If life as we know it comes to an end when everyone wakes up to flashing
lights on their alarm clocks the morning of January 1st, please remember to
keep all of the memories of the good times you had with your Hart
temperature calibration equipment. Don't ever let the memories die!

Right after Armageddon, using your temperature calibration instruments may
come in a little low on Maslow's hierarchy of needs. Food, shelter and ISO
9000 compliance may come first, but don't worry, as soon as there is a
millikelvin to be measured, we'll be there helping you get your job done
faster and better than ever before.

http://www.hartscientific.com/y2k-2.htm

We did receive a few e-mails from people pointing out we were wrong about
this being a leap year. These folks, unfortunately, were confused. However,
we suspect their confusion is a regular event and not associated with Y2K
specifically....

If you're a Y2K compliance officer, now would be a good time to think about
throwing away the 4,000 pounds of twenty-page questionnaires you have under
your desk. Once that's done, it's time to think about building a new power
base.

                - dan

--
Daniel Kohn <mailto:dan@dankohn.com>
tel:+1-425-519-7968  fax:+1-425-602-6223