Re: Sun release source code for Solaris 8

From: Ernest N. Prabhakar (ernest@alumni.caltech.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 26 2000 - 21:47:21 PST

Now, that seems a little unfair. I'm no big fan of SCSL, but from what I've
seen Sun has always been very up front about their license NOT being open
source. They've never claimed it is, nor (as far as I can tell) tried to
lure the open source community into using it.

You may not like their position, but at least their self-consistent.

-- Ernie P.

on 1/26/00 8:24 PM, Robert S. Thau at rst@ai.mit.edu wrote:

> of my knowledge. And IBM at least "gets it" enough to acknowledge
> straightforwardly what is open source and what isn't, rather than
> playing silly "community license" mind games...

Ernest N. Prabhakar, Ph.D.
ernest@drernie.com
http://www.alumni.caltech.edu/~ernest