Re: snow, snow and more snow

From: Adam L. Beberg (beberg@mithral.com)
Date: Thu Jan 27 2000 - 15:23:56 PST

On Thu, 27 Jan 2000, John Klassa wrote:

> Just kidding... I ran the other day (Saturday?) when it was in the low
> 20's and didn't care for it too much. Of course, to Adam, low 20's is
> positively balmy. :-)
>
> [ Seriously, Adam, how do Minnesotans stay in shape? Booming health
> club industry? Cross-country skiing? Whew... ]

Hyper-advanced technology you confederates do not have, simple as that.

We have these things we call "clothes" and "heaters" [see also "fire"]
and "boots". They should be avaiable in your part of the world in a few
months, after we march down there with our "snow plows" and take over
the south :)

It is understandable that you have not reached this level of technology
yet, as your civilization is blown away every year by those hurricanes.
[yes, we laugh about those too, unless you stop sending orange juice]

With how much humans are messing with the climate, you probably want to
get used to the snow, it may be normal there soon.

As for staying in shape, we shovel snow, play winter sports, or work out
in our "heated" buildings... not that it matters since we're all wearing
"clothes", so shape isn't visible until April when it hits 40 and we go
out in shorts. This gives people 6 months to not be obsessed about their
looks, giving them more time to work on technology and cuddling :)

- Adam L. Beberg
  The Cosm Project - http://cosm.mithral.com/
  beberg@mithral.com - http://www.iit.edu/~beberg/