IARC News: Information Architects Offers Industry's First XHTML Conversion Solutions Bridging HTML and XML for B2B Environment

From: Sally Khudairi (sk@zotgroup.com)
Date: Mon Feb 07 2000 - 08:07:17 PST

Contact:

Press -
Sally Khudairi
ZOT Group
+1.617.818.0177
<sk@zotgroup.com>

Investors -
Tom Dudchik
Information Architects
+1.704-367-2049
<dudchit@info-arc.com>

Information Architects Offers Industry's First XHTML Conversion Solutions
Bridging HTML and XML for B2B Environment

http://www.ia.com/ -- 7 February 2000, Charlotte, North Carolina --
Information Architects (iA; NASDAQ: IARC), providers of XML-based dynamic
aggregation and syndication solutions for moving business across the Net,
today announced its support for the W3C Recommendation for XHTML 1.0.

Bridging HTML with the power of XML, XHTML provides more flexible Web pages
and robust Web applications for a wide range of platforms and browsers,
including handheld computers, mobile phones, PDAs, 2-way pagers,
televisions and kiosks.

Offering scalable, bi-directional dynamic exchange of both structured and
unstructured data, content and commerce functionality in any format, iA's
Metaphoria products automatically transform static and dynamic documents to
HTML, XHTML, and advanced data formats such as XML and RDF. Metaphoria
Converter provides unparalleled fidelity to original documents, along with
backward compatibility to earlier versions of originating file formats.

"We believe that open standards and open source technologies are
instrumental in providing the interoperability so crucial to the next
generation of the Web," said Robert Gruder, CEO of iA. "As W3C Members, we
are pleased to offer one of the industry's first commercial implementations
of XHTML through the Metaphoria Converter and template-based publishing
components. We have been actively working with XHTML since it was in the
Working Draft phase, and are committed to continue to support emerging W3C
standards in the Metaphoria Framework suite of products."

The Metaphoria Converter is designed to function both standalone and
integrated with other Metaphoria components: coupled with the Watcher, it
may be used to automatically update output XML or HTML files when source
documents change. Used in conjunction with the Syndicator, the Converter's
output may be integrated with different templates, style sheets or other
formatting requirements depending on affiliate preferences.

"We welcome XHTML becoming a W3C Recommendation. XHTML is essential in
transitioning from legacy HTML-based authoring, content management, dynamic
syndication and filtering tools to XML-based components," said Dr. Leon
Shklar, VP of Advanced Technology at iA. "Our format conversion, template
processing and content management tools all rely on XHTML to expose HTML
semantics in XML context. As XML-based technologies are critical for our
aggregation and dynamic syndication solutions, we look forward to
leveraging future XML and XHTML specifications."

ABOUT INFORMATION ARCHITECTS (IA)
Information Architects (NASDAQ: IARC) delivers information management
solutions that empower eBusinesses to securely distribute content and
functionality across the Web. iA's dynamic syndication solutions enable the
seamless development and management of global content and functionality
syndication from one source to any Web site or device connected to the
Net. This dynamic syndication can help companies improve data exchange and
collaboration among co-workers, customers, suppliers and partners. iA's
core offering, the Metaphoria Framework, is an open, patented, XML-based
product suite that offers customized delivery of any digital information on
the Web. Its dynamic aggregation and syndication technology enable users
to access content and commerce application from any source -- even multiple
sources -- enhancing the overall user experience, promoting site stickiness and
loyalty, and increasing eCommerce-generated revenues. Further information
about iA is available at http://www.ia.com

Metaphoria is a registered trademark of Information Architects.

The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the
trademarks of their respective owners. Further information on XHTML 1.0 can
be found on the W3C Website at http://www.w3.org/.

Forward Looking Statements
The foregoing statements made in this press release that are not historical
facts contain "forward-looking information" within the meaning of the
Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, and Section 27A of the
Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of
1934, both as amended, which can be identified by the use of
forward-looking terminology such as "may", "will", anticipates", "expects",
"projects", "estimates", "believes" or "continue", the negative thereof,
other variations or comparable terminology. Important factors, including
certain risks and uncertainties with respect to such forward-looking
statements that could cause actual results to differ materially from those
reflected in such forward looking statements include, but are not limited
to, our ability to manage growth and acquisitions of technology and people,
the ability to attract and retain technical personnel, variations in
quarterly operating results, significant current and expected additional
competition, the need to continue to develop our products, the need to
continue to expand product distribution and services offerings and other
risks detailed from time to time in our SEC reports. We assume no
obligation to update the information in this release.