Re: Inspiron & Red Hat

From: Rodent of Unusual Size (Ken.Coar@Golux.Com)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2000 - 04:14:21 PST

Eugene Leitl wrote:

> Gregory Alan Bolcer writes:
>
> > I am never going back and further, that RedHat hype? Their stock is
> > worth
> > every penny.
>
> Liked RedHat? Try
>
> http://www.mandrake.org

Sorry, I'm trying Mandrake 7.0 right now and I'm not impressed.
It won't dial in, the GNOME Enlightenment window dressing is
completely different from anything I've ever seen outside a Mac
(and I can't figure out how to change it), and the installation
procedure didn't let me back up when I needed to correct something
in an earlier step.

I'm going to keep giving it a chance, but if I can't get it to
dial in this week, I'm going to write Mandrake off and either
on this machine (which was a 700MHz donation from AMD, thanks AMD!).

--
#ken    P-)}

Ken Coar <http://Golux.Com/coar/> Apache Software Foundation <http://www.apache.org/> "Apache Server for Dummies" <http://Apache-Server.Com/>

Come to the first official Apache Software Foundation Conference! <http://ApacheCon.Com/>