Re: Inspiron & Red Hat

From: Tom Whore (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2000 - 10:30:58 PST

On Thu, 17 Feb 2000, Cynthia Dale wrote:

--]Not speaking as a RHAT employee, but as a geeeek instead, how in the world
--]is mandrake better? I tried it out not long ago,, and ran into problems I
--]had run into in RH's betas, which have been fixed... I should try it out
--]again, I reckon. (:

Mandrake takes red hat as a base and then does some very nice things to
it. Security is one. With red hat I have watched countless new users
install a totaly open system ripe for the kiddies to haxor. The three or
so Mandrake installs i have seen, performed by near newbies, had a much
tighter install.

Its the little things that make the difference, Im sure you folks at the
RH labs are workingon including these eatures into the next rev.

Myself, im itching for beos 5:)-

    [---===tomwhore@ []wsmf.org []inetarena.com []slack.net===---]
                   WSMF's web site ----http://wsmf.org