RE: Inspiron & Red Hat

From: v - Mark Kuharich (mkuharich@punchnetworks.com)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2000 - 12:56:27 PST

Gregory Alan Bolcer wrote:
"that RedHat hype? Their stock is worth every penny"

Adam L. Beberg wrote:
"It's free, the license permanently guarentees it's free, and I'm betting
you didn't pay for it. So is the stock worth anything greater than free?"

[The Linux kernel is free. What Red Hat charges you for is packaging (all
the utilities, CD-ROM media, etc.). Also, even if you don't purchase a
distribution from Red Hat, they also offer services and consulting

Mark Kuharich

Join my free e-mail newsletter called "the Software View" by sending
mailto:thesoftwareview-owner@west-point.org
"the Software View" is archived at
http://www.softwareview.com ]