Re: multimedia disconnect & hidden messages

From: Greg (gbolcer@endtech.com)
Date: Sat Feb 26 2000 - 08:19:05 PST

A quick look through altavista's +host:xent.com +"old bits"
gave a couple of giggles from the old slogans. By the way, Altavista,
a CMGI company, now has a program where if you register as a member site,
you can earn up to $.03 per click to their search engine for embedding
their little html snippet in your site's page. I can only assume that's
why there's the AV box on [2] That and the other search
engine regularly turns up null, nitch, zero, nada on almost everything.
Given this fact, I think we can make ThosStew's punishment easy, a
playboy-esque-similar hidden logo on the front cover of Fortune magazine:
a 4 point semi-transparent "k" cryptically located somewhere on the
page in Comic Sans MS font.

Stick a FoRK in it -- it's DONE! [3]

Friends Don't Let Friends Post Old Bits [4]

[1] http://doc.altavista.com/company_info/press/pr020100a.shtml
[2] http://xent.com/
[3] http://xent.ics.uci.edu/FoRK-archive/spring96/0009.html
[4] http://xent.ics.uci.edu/FoRK-archive/spring96/0008.html