WSJ on the VeriSign/Network Solutions merger

From: Adam Rifkin -4K (adam@XeNT.ics.uci.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 17:40:31 PST

If I had $21 billion laying around, I'm not sure Network Solutions is
the company I would buy, being as I could buy Microstrategy or Inktomi
for that price, or Akamai, Exodus, or Infospace if I were willing to pay
a little more... and since VeriSign is paying stock only, what's the
real cost in printing up a few more pieces of paper anyhow?

It's weird to wake up one day in early March 2000 and realize that a
combined VeriSign and Network Solutions is worth almost $50 billion on
paper. Wow, that's even more than Palm is worth... :)

Looks like Register.com picked the perfect time to go public: last week.
Their stock (RCOM) was up 54% today on nws of this deal.