RE: Critical Decisions

From: Dan Kohn (dan@teledesic.com)
Date: Sat Mar 11 2000 - 14:31:13 PST

Wow, really high production values! But, some of us are still saving up for
televisions, so thankfully, there is a site with Quicktime 4 versions of
commercials!?!

http://www.adcritic.com/content/sun-critical-decision.html

BTW, this looks really cool:

http://www.adcritic.com/content/989-studios-syphon-filter-choices.html

                - dan

--
Daniel Kohn <mailto:dan@dankohn.com>
tel:+1-425-602-6222  fax:+1-425-602-6223

-----Original Message----- From: Gregory Alan Bolcer [mailto:gbolcer@endtech.com] Sent: Saturday, 2000-03-11 10:06 To: FoRK Subject: Critical Decisions

Watching the new Sun "Critical Decisions" tv ads--I love what they've done with it. It's straight Gene Hackmanish French Connnection and Marathon Man all rolled up into one. I love the biz guys telling the CIO not to rock the boat. Just when you thought nothing could top their murmuring chemist ads from last year....

The other comment I had comes from CNN of all places. They had their whole "you've got pictures" pseudo infomercial. The thing that they said that they didn't even realize was that 6% of all households have digital cameras, (90-something have cameras), but everyone wants to share their pictures. This discrepancy makes for a great business model. The whole thing about Amazon is, who would have ever thought that someone 'buying book online and then get it in the mail' would be a more successful model than an e-book strategy.

Greg