RE: Critical Decisions

From: Eugene Leitl (eugene.leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de)
Date: Sat Mar 11 2000 - 17:14:36 PST

Adam L. Beberg writes:

> I'm not too concerned about 500 years from now, I'll die of a heart
> attack in about 20, right around the time silicon based life surpasses

Not silicon (molecular circuits, either from buckytubes or organic
molecules), and not in 20 years (40? 50?), but you're essentially
correct.

But why heart attack? Proper diet (there is a continuum from
supercaloric to CR), some limited excercise, healthy lifestyle and
proper supplements can make you last for ~90-100 years.

Also, you might think that people like http://minduploading.org/
are wacko, but imo the thing is in principle doable, and will be
attempted. (If Skynet doesn't get up first).