Zaplets & Firedrops

From: Gregory Alan Bolcer (gbolcer@endtech.com)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 13:42:05 PST

http://zaplet.zaplet.com/index.jsp
Firedrop announces 'zaplets', a new mechanism
for combining email with the Web to do instant messaging.
They seem to support a Java applet through email as a
collaborative tool. For instance, they use sharing a
set of pictures where every time you view the picture,
you get the updated comments from everyone else. Also,
the same technology can be applied to meeting scheduling,
etc. It seems that the main advantage is that now
instead of sending multitudes of back and forth emails,
that you can send and always use just one that gets updated
as others fill in the information and the data gets stored off
someplace and loaded on demand.

Greg

p.s. They have a patented client detection technology too.
p.p.s. Dan has to pay me royalties; his African outsourcing
idea sounds like the idea Bezos and I patented a couple years ago
after the Wired article on seniors and retirees being the
fastest growing segment on the Internet and we were going to
hire them all to do distributed.net spell checking. 8-)

--
Greg Bolcer
email: gbolcer@endtech.com