RE: New Technologies Imperil Humanity

From: Joseph S. Barrera III (joe@barrera.org)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 17:41:16 PST

While at Microsoft I thought about how easy it would have been to embed code
in the various Windows variants in places that would not easily be
discovered. Cracking security to get the code into the source tree was, of
course, the easiest part. I used to rant about the number of machines with
null Administrator passwords, but no one ever cared. Transitive closure is a
powerful concept... no less so when applied to security...