Re: IntellectMarket

From: Adam L. Beberg (beberg@mithral.com)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2000 - 15:10:20 PST

On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, Rohit Khare wrote:

> Closed SourceForge? <duck> :-)
>
> Time to drag out Whitehead, et al, towards a sw component marketplace?
>
> ===========================

> FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
> IntellectMarket to Catalyze Component Software Market
>
> Company formed by software business veterans receives angel round
> financing; unveils business-to-business component software system

Components a.k.a. libraries have been around since the beginning of
time. But I didn't realize components were hard to get as it is, if you
are willing to _USE_ one, getting it is already trivial.

Not once, ever, have they been able to overcome the "not invented here"
syndrome. I'd like to see just how they plan to overcome this deeply
engrained human behaivior. I'd really like to know, becasue it's a
problem I need a solution for since Cosm has a similar library-o-code.

On the other hand, if people were willing to use other people's code,
90% of coders would immediately lose their jobs, and people would be
forced to actually do something new - the horror.

- Adam L. Beberg
  The Cosm Project - http://cosm.mithral.com/
  beberg@mithral.com - http://www.iit.edu/~beberg/