Re: MailTunnel content delivery system

From: Adam L. Beberg (beberg@mithral.com)
Date: Fri Mar 17 2000 - 15:33:20 PST

On Fri, 17 Mar 2000, v - Mark Kuharich wrote:

> What's the FoRK consensus on this?
> http://www.detached.net/mailtunnel

Interesting solution in that "hmmmm..." way. Sounds rather high-latency.

Adam's list of things to do before leaving the house:
1. Put a sshd on port 80 & 25 somewhere.
2. Setup a nice DNS pointer, know the IP for good measure.
3. Hide the ssh code and binaries on your homepage.

Since every firewall admin opens up port 25 and 80 [otherwise why even
have internet access], you can then do anything you want from inside any
firewall, including set up more tunneling.

Result: Firewalls are useless, the geek interprets them as damage and
routes around them.

<disclaimer>
I of course have never done this... but if I had, I'm sure it would have
worked every time.
</disclaimer>

- Adam L. Beberg
  The Cosm Project - http://cosm.mithral.com/