OT Sci Fi Re: WILL SPIRITUAL ROBOTS REPLACE HUMANITY BY 2100?

From: Jeff Bone (jbone@jump.net)
Date: Tue Mar 21 2000 - 13:09:36 PST

v - Mark Kuharich wrote:

> Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> "Sorry, I don't see Clifford D Simak (author or "Project Pope") on the list.
> Can't be much good. ('Course, I'm not sure he's
> still alive..)"
>
> [He's currently being uploaded into a robot ... :-)

Aw, geez Clifford Simak? I think the last thing I read by him was this cheezy
poof called "The Goblin Reservation," back in like the 6th grade or something.
I was reading him around the same time I was chowing down all the spewage that
folks like Lin Carter, David Gerrold, and Alan Dean Foster were churning out
back then.

Science fiction has come a long way, baby. Thank god. I think Star Wars nearly
killed it back in the mid/late-70s.

jb