Re: Fwd: Napster hack allows free distribution of software, movies

From: Ka-Ping Yee (ping@lfw.org)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 09:50:55 PST

On Wed, 22 Mar 2000, Eugene Leitl wrote:
> http://freenet.sourceforge.net/
>
> What is Freenet?
[...]
> To become a part of Freenet
> all you need is a computer with an Internet connection and the
> capability to run a Freenet server.

...and a Java run-time so you can run the Java server program.

Oh, wait. Which version of Java? Which class libraries?
Which edition of the Java Platform? Which JVM? I have to do a
21-megabyte download and install all this with administrator
privileges -- and then it might not work because i happened to
pick the wrong JVM? Forget it... too much trouble.

Just pass me a small tar of the C source code when it's ready.

-- ?!ng