Mac OS X & iMac DV Special Editions

From: Gregory Alan Bolcer (gbolcer@endtech.com)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 16:23:24 PST

So I tried to install Mac OS X onto my iMac DV Special edition,
no such luck. I want to buy a new iBook also, but I am not sure
that it'll work either. I am planning on embarking on a scouring
of the Apple.com support pages tonight when I have a few spare
minutes to figure out what exactly it runs on.

So, here's my stupid thought for today. Apple should put
dual iBook battery slots into all their iMacs. It would serve the
dual purpose of 1) being able to unplug your iMac and put it across
the room and run for at least an hour or three within throwing distance
of your airport, and 2) being able to pull them out and put into your
iBook anytime you need to go on the road and always have a fully charge
dual battery pack. If Apple was even smarter, they would not only xfer the
batteries, but add some suitcase syncrhonization routines that get
piggybacked on the batteries that always sync the files on the desktop
and laptop.

So, anyone have any suggestions for a good Mac OS X Server compatible
laptop? Please don't tell me that I have to install NeXT OS on
a Dell to get anywhere near the ballpark.....

Greg

--
Greg Bolcer
email: gbolcer@endtech.com