Re: Rohit -- don't hack too hard ;-)

From: Eugene Leitl (eugene.leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de)
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 11:38:23 PST

I'm not a real doofus, but I play one at a national laboratory writes:

> Careful with that ax,
> Yevgeny

I will.

Did you knew that in the streets of Moscow, and even in on the MGU
campus itself, they're selling CDROMs packed full with expensive
cracked commercial warez, including relatively yummy stuff like
Mathematica, statistical packages, CAD/circuit simulators, 3d
renderers? A few years back, where Net access and mp3s were novel,
they sold compleat works of Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, etc. as mp3s, or
encoded in other, more obscure formats? I also have ran into a CD
with, amongst other things, ~1400 OCRd books as plain ASCII, of wildy
varying . Which reminds me. Need to go visit #bookwarez...

I wonder whether the copyright enforcement lobby has grown powerful
enough to start cracking down on this.