A possible secure distribution method

From: Tom Whore (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 14:15:21 PST

Just wait till the RIAA gets ahold of this, if its true (as seen on Ars
Technica)

http://prostudio.com/oto/feb99/exploding.html

"For over two years now, Dr Hug and his team have been researching and
developing a system for the emergency destruction of optically and
magnetically stored information. It has been a frustrating experience as
many of the conventional pyrotechnic materials initially tested proved
useless. The three main causes behind the failure of these materials were
the rate of energy release being too low, heat dissipation where the
burning stopped after having destroyed only part of the CD surface and
incorrect oxygen balance.

Hug notes, "What we needed was pyrotechnic burning - it has to burn and
create a lot of heat without causing an explosion, because an explosion
doesn't create enough heat. On the other hand we had to be careful that
heat dissipation through the material was kept low; if it is too high then
you lose too much energy, leaving you without enough activation energy to
keep the flame alight and so the pyrotechnic layer doesn't burn through."

    [---===tomwhore@ []wsmf.org []inetarena.com []slack.net===---]
                   WSMF's web site ----http://wsmf.org