Re: New uses for LEDs...

From: Greg Bolcer (
Date: Wed Mar 29 2000 - 06:55:06 PST

Wow--old bits. I think this came out about October, 1998. I wonder
what the
startribune is doing recirculating old articles. A quick search
on for the original FoRK post turned up zero results as
usual (so maybe it's excusable), but a general Internet search returned
following story at the time along with a nifty picture of all the

What the world really needs is a LED that you can change
on demand. I was impressed with my SGI O2 because the LED on the
front changed from bright green to bright amber depending on the
state of the computer. It was just a trick with two lights, though.