Re: digital cameras (was RE: Ernie and Sandhya get hitched)

From: Rodent of Unusual Size (Ken.Coar@golux.com)
Date: Wed Mar 29 2000 - 08:31:15 PST

Dan Kohn wrote:

> I want to buy a top-of-the-line digital camera.

Price-wise, or quality-wise? Consumer Reports rated a Nikon
as tops (I think), but I forget the model number. Personally,
I'm not all that enthused about some of the 'features' of the
top of the line models, like alkaline batteries and memory cards.
Rechargeable batteries mean you don't have to lug around spares,
and a floppy rather than a memory card means you don't have to
wire up to a PC to download. Of course there are downsides in
either direction..

--
#ken    P-)}

Ken Coar <http://Golux.Com/coar/> Apache Software Foundation <http://www.apache.org/> "Apache Server for Dummies" <http://Apache-Server.Com/>