Re: New uses for LEDs...

From: Rodent of Unusual Size (Ken.Coar@Golux.Com)
Date: Wed Mar 29 2000 - 08:34:48 PST

Greg Bolcer wrote:

> What the world really needs is a LED that you can change
> on demand. I was impressed with my SGI O2 because the LED on the
> front changed from bright green to bright amber depending on the
> state of the computer. It was just a trick with two lights, though.

Huh. Green(yellow)/red LEDs were available to hobbyists more
than a decade ago. The colour depended upon the polarity; feed
it AC (at a high enough frequency to activate retinal pesistence)
and you got amber.

--
#ken    P-)}

Ken Coar <http://Golux.Com/coar/> Apache Software Foundation <http://www.apache.org/> "Apache Server for Dummies" <http://Apache-Server.Com/>