Fwd: digital cameras (was RE: Ernie and Sandhya get hitched)

From: John Boyer (johnboy@johnboy.to)
Date: Wed Mar 29 2000 - 08:57:34 PST

dan,
I am pretty happy with the Canon S10.
http://www.powershot.com/powershot2/product_f.html
It has great resolution (2MP), metal case, and is small enough to fit into
pant pocket. But you need to spend the extra $100 to get a rechargeable
battery. The normal camera batteries don't last very long and are
expensive. And if you are really into storage, it will hold one of those
340MB IBM microdrive hard disks.
Also, the more-better 3 Megapixel S20 is coming out soon.
I ended up paying about $850 for the camera, battery, and extra 64 MB card.
I haven't checked to see if the USB works with NT 5.0 yet.
Johnboy