trance therapy

From: Eirikur Hallgrimsson (eh@mad.scientist.com)
Date: Fri Apr 07 2000 - 12:24:11 PDT

Grlygrl asked floorpie about the depressing stuff, prompting me to
pick up the music thread. I'll post a link to some trance. I've been
listening to a lot of trance. I'm wondering if there's something
going on in it that's in someway good for my internal weather
conditions.

My "daytime" favorite stream: http://philosomatika.12inch.com/
Check out what happens when you parse the cool name thus:
Philo-somatica.

Actually, just the tempo is probably good, since *something* has to
entrain to it. At least I assume that's true in the general case,
non-musicians may not automagically follow things. I know that I
don't entrain to music that I don't understand and that that's the
definition of not understanding for me. "I'm lost; I can't join this
conversation."

Eirikur