Re: Roll your own

CobraBoy (tbyars@earthlink.net)
Thu, 22 Jan 1998 10:10:29 -0800

At 9:55 AM -0800 1/22/98, Daniel Veillard wrote:

> > Netscape will announce Thursday morning that it will be release the
> >
> > source code to Navigator to the public sometime this year. Dates are up
> >

> > in the air as they have to resolve how to distribute the source and
> > deal
>
> That's would be terrific ! I guess that Microsoft would not appreciate
> that, and that's the only reason I could find why NS could release the code.
> BTW, if you have NS share sell them them if it proves to be true, the
> financial business still didn't have a clue on the free software development
> model ... For them, code out means no more business.
>
> Daniel

As a follow up http://www.macosrumors.com says that the source will be for
Navigator 5. The question that I have is will they release the source with
rights to use, or not? As an example I can get the source for Quake, but I
can't implement any of the technologies in a game.

Tim

Also being reported is a settlement on the Ms/DOJ issue. Shit, just when
Bill needed him the most...

-

"For the record you're no loser"

"Yeah, but I'm no Eddie Van Blunhdt either..."

<> tbyars@earthlink.net <>