Re: Compaq to buy Digital for 9.6 G$

Michele Michelotto (michelot@sunatdaq01.cern.ch)
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 10:43:40 +0100

Robert Harley wrote:
> =

> On the one hand there's company C making generic Wintel boxes with
> great marketing, and on the other company D making insanely cool
> hardware and doing it's best not to sell any.
> =

> So after they merge it could go either way...
> =

> I'm hopeful that proper marketing of Alphas will ensue.

BTW I heard rumours that next week DEC should announce a 1 GHz
alpha microprocessor.

=2E..and a question. How do anglophone pronounce Compaq?
like Compak or like Compaqu ?
'---''(_/._)-'(_\_) Cheers, Michele
* Michele Michelotto, CERN ATLAS DAQ Group Tel +41 22 767 1202 *
* e-mail: michelotto@cern.ch Fax +41 22 767 8350 *
* I haven't lost my mind, it's backed up on tape somewhere. =A9*