Re: And a spin from teh left and a spin from teh right

Robert S. Thau (rst@ai.mit.edu)
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 18:16:54 -0500 (EST)

Kragen Sitaker writes:
> Using Apple's BASIC interpreter was always very different from using
> TRS-80 BASIC or MBASIC for CP/M, HDOS, or the built-in BASIC for the
> IBM PC -- all of which were very similar to one another.
>
> Also, I know Apple had a BASIC interpreter before 1977.
>
> Are you certain of your fact here?

There were two Basic interpreters available for early Apple ][s, of
which the Microsoft version was considered the more advanced.
(According to the Apple II history page at
http://www.hypermall.com/History/ah03.html the more primitive one,
Integer Basic, was written by Wozniak directly in machine language ---
no assembler, raw hex).

rst