Re: network effects in hypertext systems

Kragen Sitaker (kragen@pobox.com)
Fri, 8 Jan 1999 10:40:58 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 8 Jan 1999, Steve Nordquist wrote:
> Kragen Sitaker wrote:
> > I agree that more writers tends to produce more readers. The converse
> > is probably true, but the Web's infrastructure has a certain amount of
> > difficulty with lots of readers; often, more readers means fewer
> > writers. (See www.kosmic.org's current front page for an example of
> > why.)
>
> I didn't get it, but to counter "per omni supern", see extracheez.com,
> perhaps the Cisco discussion areas.... But they don't trade ads...

In <URL:http://extracheez.com/boards/messages.asp?brd=37>, I see
<URL:http://extracheez.com/images/Temp/bottom-text3.gif>, which says,
"Systems Engineers can't do without... ExtraCheeZ.com and [Domino's
Pizza logo] delivered!".

> I mean namespace...no, ads...no, actually IDG.

Enigmatic as usual, the wise one speaks in riddles.

A good conversation and even lengthy and heated conversations are probably
some of the most important pointful things I can think of.  They are the
antithesis of pointlessness!  -- Matt O'Connor <matthew@anti-earth.org>