Re: Student Patent Policy at Caltech and UC

Joachim Feise (
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 14:15:19 -0800

The copyright policy of UC says different:

C. Student Work

A student work is a work produced by a registered student without the use of
University funds (other than Student Financial Aid), that is produced outside
any University employment, and is not a sponsored, contracted facilities, or
commissioned work.

Ownership of copyrights to student works shall reside with the originator.