Re: Oracle and VC

Gregory Alan Bolcer (gbolcer@endeavors.org)
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 09:53:48 -0800

It's brilliant. The news is that companies are shifting to do
outsourcing of their research and development. This is definitely
a change from the old Microsoft model where they expect everyone
to think they are the center of the world; if they aren't there, they
give them enough money to overcome their gag reflex; and if they can't
then they open up a development lab where they can hire them.

There are dozens of companies buying into this model, this is a
big thing and a huge shift in thinking.

Greg

http://www.techweb.com/se/directlink.cgi?CRN19990111S0066
http://www.techweb.com/wire/story/TWB19990107S0007