Re: laying the smack down

Tim Byars (
Sat, 16 Jan 1999 20:16:14 -0800

At 06:59 PM 1/16/99 -0800, Chris Olds wrote:
>Tim & Cindy,
>If the two of you can't find the energy to flame each other in public, I
>don't know what I'm going to do.

Cindy, see what I mean? Is this the worst troll you've ever seen? Shit even
Rob's I'm a pissed off arrogant Irishman in France babbling are better.

> I spend all of my time either reading
>or writing "totally boring tech bits", and I don't have the energy (or
>the skill?) to write really good flames myself.

I would guess skill.

>I started reading
>usenet since before net.flame [sic] was created, and I can hardly read
>usenet anymore because nobody there seems to know what a good flame
>looks like, much less how to invite a group of close friends to pizza
>with a 10K rant (I used to get one of these once a week; I sure miss
>that pizza).

You've been reading usenet that long and no knowledge of flaming sunk in?
Do you ever do anything *but* lurk and dream?

> If all I got from FoRK was tech bits, I'd unsubscribe and
>make do with /. and W3C mailing lists.

Why do that when the Microsoft PR is so much more entertaining, and better
written to boot.

> Every message on FoRK is a
>potential mailbomb; it's the only mailing list I'm on that I scream at.

Oh on that we agree. Although I would think that we're probably on
different ends of the spectrum in our angst.

>Thanks. I *still* don't understand wrestling, I still worry about
>JoeBar and Adam, I'm still gripped by the continuing saga of whether
>Rohit will ever get to class, and now I have more snaps to look forward

Snaps? You could have at least redeemed yourself with "two more saps." But
you took the easy way out. Lazy.

Your password is pitifully obvious.

<> <>