Re: laying the smack down

Tim Byars (tbyars@earthlink.net)
Sat, 16 Jan 1999 20:16:14 -0800

At 06:59 PM 1/16/99 -0800, Chris Olds wrote:
>Tim & Cindy,
>
>If the two of you can't find the energy to flame each other in public, I
>don't know what I'm going to do.

Cindy, see what I mean? Is this the worst troll you've ever seen? Shit even
Rob's I'm a pissed off arrogant Irishman in France babbling are better.

> I spend all of my time either reading
>or writing "totally boring tech bits", and I don't have the energy (or
>the skill?) to write really good flames myself.

I would guess skill.

>I started reading
>usenet since before net.flame [sic] was created, and I can hardly read
>usenet anymore because nobody there seems to know what a good flame
>looks like, much less how to invite a group of close friends to pizza
>with a 10K rant (I used to get one of these once a week; I sure miss
>that pizza).

You've been reading usenet that long and no knowledge of flaming sunk in?
Do you ever do anything *but* lurk and dream?

> If all I got from FoRK was tech bits, I'd unsubscribe and
>make do with /. and W3C mailing lists.

Why do that when the Microsoft PR is so much more entertaining, and better
written to boot.

> Every message on FoRK is a
>potential mailbomb; it's the only mailing list I'm on that I scream at.

Oh on that we agree. Although I would think that we're probably on
different ends of the spectrum in our angst.

>Thanks. I *still* don't understand wrestling, I still worry about
>JoeBar and Adam, I'm still gripped by the continuing saga of whether
>Rohit will ever get to class, and now I have more snaps to look forward
>to.

Snaps? You could have at least redeemed yourself with "two more saps." But
you took the easy way out. Lazy.

Tim

--

Your password is pitifully obvious.